Tuesday 19 March 2019

Tuesday Twaddle


It's been a gray day here in the land of fun and frolics.  The cloud has hung over us all day offering a bit of chill also and this has led me to seek out a sun filled photo from the past.  How lovely to be by the sea where the sun shines, the aid is filled with romantic aromas and people smile at you as they pass, sometimes.
Instead I sat in the museum cutting a yard length of wool and rolling it into a wee ball and adding it to the thousands already made for s project the schools now enjoy annually.  Thankfully people came in to annoy me as doing this drives one bonkers!   One lass brought her young toddlers and once again it amazed me how many arms a child has.  No matter what he did to him he always managed to get his mitts on something we wished he would avoid.  They at least enjoyed their day, this lass comes often, and indeed spent money, so I smiled a lot.  
I might have mentioned my virus, and today one lass from the church came looking for items to send to the USA.  She also made me aware why so many people didn't speak on Sunday, most ran off early as indeed did I.  So many if them have my bug, or are in hospital or some other condition which made them disappear quickly.  My prayer list is longer than I wish.  Add this to the others I already have there and this could be a full time work.  This virus has taken several out, others like me have gone through it, and I suspect others yet will suffer it, I hope none of the kids get it.  I suppose a church will lots of elder individuals will suffer this way when bugs are around.  
In between people offering donations, buying stuff or just coming in to chat I managed to return to my wool work and returned to seeing spiders crawl up the wall after doing this for a while.  My Lawyers 'Grabbit & Runn' will be notified.
Brexit we hear is to be postponed for three months, maybe two years, or not as the case may be.  I am not convinced this will cheer up the EU dignitaries who are already tired of Theresa's visits.  Maybe they will demand she fills out visa applications if she wishes to go again?  

6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I did like that bridge!
There's a new bug going round here...my lawyer came down with it and suspects he caught it at the clinic when going to be vaccinated against it...

Adullamite said...

Fly, I suspect that bridge is near you! Horrid bug, will take ages to clear.

Mike Smith said...

There's no one more expert at spinning a yarn...

Adullamite said...

Mike, You mean the old 'sow & sow?'

Jenny Woolf said...

They should ban her for life. If she was anything like normal she'd never want to see Brussels again but....
I must say that I like your nice cheery header! it is very spring like!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, I like the header, I'm glad I found it again.