Tuesday 26 March 2019

Dear oh Dear...


After the meeting yesterday I was very tired, the bug fightng back again, and I was home and asleep by 7:30.  Even after I rose at seven, having been awake since six, I still felt the weariness upon me.  Just how weary was to show later.
Early morning talk discussed the meeting whereupon heads once again banged the desks mutterings thing not quite comprehensible.  A longing for the next one did not arise.  I decided tea was the answer and prepared in my usual manner the cups for myself and my colleague with a smile on my face and cheeriness in my heart.  I filled the kettle, switched it on and left to set up the day.  
Imagine my surprise then when I returned to our small cramped kitchen to find the two cleaners sniggering outside.  On entering the place was like a sauna and he had been mopping up the water from the walls.  Some fool had switched on the kettle, left the lid up, and hopped it.  Thus when boiled it continued to boil without ceasing as the lid was up and thus the water evaporated, or at
least tried to but in the small cramped kitchen it just drenched everything.
With a guilty face I denied everything....
Everyone blamed me.
The day continued well enough as little happened for a while except my easy way of upsetting a Ukipper.  For some reason Brexit was mentioned as we chatted to the cleaner, it stops him working, and she next to me gave out the 'Everything will be OK, trade deals will be good' chat that falls easily from such Brexiteers.  Her info is found in the pages of the 'Daily Express' and she, like many, wish it to be true.  I indicated trade deals will be difficult and even Liam Fox has admitted that.  So far he has tentative deal with the Faroes and Burundi or some such and does not wish to discuss the USA demand that we give them the NHS before any deal is struck.  She did not like this and went of and has not spoken to me since.  
This got me thinking.  So many intelligent, usually thoughtful decent people have swallowed the Brexit lie and they cannot and will not accept anything other than what they wish to believe.  This is worrying.  It is as if a great deception has warped the minds and no debate is possible, only one answer is right and all others are wrong, 'Brexit will work' is the mantra even though it has proven otherwise.  Several million decent people have this problem, what caused this?
I have mentioned before that this could be a judgement on the nation, how else could such a situation exist when the false 'liberal' attitude has allowed wrong to be seen as right?  We also have Trump in the White House, put there by evangelicals who wish to stop abortion (good) and same sex marriage (good) but who allow an adulterous liar with an aptitude that makes him unfit for office to rule the world.  God rules the world, how else but by demonic activity or judgement could this be allowed? 
The human side is clear, although 'clear' is not a word that can be used in the House of Commons at the moment.  We can see how people got into this mess but not how they can get out.  Sadly the situation defies simple explanations, I wonder what unexpected happening will occur soon?  
Anyway I finished my day by cutting out various parts of a body, no I don't know why either, and sauntered home via Sainsburys expensive prices to fall asleep for well over an hour.  I suggest 'brain work' is wearing me out but few appear to agree with me here.    
I look forward to hearing what tomorrow brings from my bed...


2 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

To be honest I don't think morality comes in what happens in politics, in any way at all!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, They practice of amorality is well known in the House.