Monday 4 March 2019

Dour Monday


As I looked out the window this afternoon my mind retreated to the pictures on Jenny's site I saw this morning. There the sun shone, the sky was blue and life was jolly.  Outside my window a great big dark cloud was looming from the west and soon after it dropped a copious amount of water on all and sundry.  I had to pity those who were wandering across the park when it broke, though I did so from behind my window pane.  At least that got a bit of a clean from the rain. This was the first real rain we have had during the day for some time, however it has been damp some nights when I am not interested on looking for it.  The farmers will not be happy.  Hot sun last year, warm winter an little rain.  Price increases all round and that on top of Brexit at that, woopee!
However I will be feeding well this week, all the buffet stuff  from yesterday fills the fridge, most of it will last several days before turning green and lots of cheese with which to give myself cholesterol poisoning.  
Having had to clean the place for her majesty's arrival I need to keep it clean and hide all the faults for tomorrow when the landlord checks the boiler.  This has only been in six months and will not take long but I am working hard at the museum, unless I can get out of it, which means they will be here alone.  If the handyman comes, which is usual that is fine but if the boss comes herself, well she is a woman and will see things I don't see - like dust.  Tonight, before the football at seven I must move things, hide things and fill the sink with bleach to make it appear clean.
I hope she does not read this.


3 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm glad that my pictures of unseasonable sun warmed up your grey skies for a while. It's certainly been a change of weather. i was out in the garden yesterday trying to repair some of the damage from months of neglect and the sky just seemed to get lower and darker every minute. It didn't rain though.
Glad you have some nice food in, there's always something a bit cheering about that. And the cartoon is good - quite Machiavellian! I have a theory we are neglecting Machiavelli's wise words at our peril in these strange political times.

the fly in the web said...

I like leftovers...no need to cook!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Michael Gove would like that one, if his wife explained it...

Fly, Great stuff!