Thursday 21 March 2019

From Brexit to Figs


Having remained indoors desperate to hear information concerning our glorious leaders trip to Brussels (again) I am forced to reuse old photos lying about the laptop.  This makes a change from politicians lying about Brexit.  I also signed the 'Cancel Brexit' petition which has gathered over a million signatures, remember you only need 100,000 to demand a debate in the House, and while the PM will refuse to 'Revoke Art 50 and Remain' at least it gets the nation talking and doing something.  I note the 'Daily Mail' has immediately done something it has suggested that all the signatures come from North Korea and Afghanistan!  Nothing like decent journalism there.  It is clear the lack of decent journalism in the 'Daily Mail' has gone a long way to encourage Brexit and the hate of foreigners that pervades the country.  Last night a man smashed mosque windows in Birmingham and how much of the tabloid racism fed into that?  I would like a police investigation into Paul Dacre while DM editor and also the other racist led tabloids, that would be interesting but I doubt it would be allowed.


Sitting in here staring rather vapidly and the laptop has been very enjoyable.  I managed some housework, not much, and stuffed myself with figs from the storage cupboard.  I did this once I had noticed the 'Eat by' date was the 27th of February!  Tomorrow I finish another bag dated 20th March!  I really ought to check that store a bit more often.  There again if I do I may have to eat considerable quantities of I know not what and that may cause problems.  I bought these so I could chomp them, or indeed the dates I also possess, instead of chocolate.  This was to save my teeth, though both are sweet, and better for me, although not if eaten a bag at a time I suspect.  Only now after two long months am I getting things back into order and shopping for healthy stuff has to start soon.   This is not to say chocolate is not on the menu as it, like other bad stuff, sometimes slips through.  


3 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Yes, I agree with you about the Daily Mail. My hope is that we can get a new political system after whatever nightmare they make of Brexit. I don't know a single person that has anything good to say these days about either May or Corbyn. Most people I know are scared stiff, very angry and trying to pretend everything is going to be okay. Well, who can blame them? Might be worth putting the petition website up, it's about 1,300,000 or so now, which is quite a good improvement on 300,000 odd last night, which I thought was good in itself. So that's a million signatures in a day.

I tried to keep Brexit off my blog today because it's been making me feel ill, mind you.

the fly in the web said...

Two packs of figs? You might have problems leaving the house after all that....remember syrup of figs, and its qualities?

Adullamite said...

Jenny, The petition was on 1,600,000 when I last looked. Don't get sick over Brexit, it is not worth it.

Fly, Now you remind me...?