Sunday 22 April 2018

Ugly Success


Life is a strange thing.  The yellow press are always filling their ages with nonsense yet people still pay for in hard copy or click on links to fill their faces with adverts (unless they use Adblockpro) and total nonsense.
While clicking on advertless yellow press I came across 'This' rather daft study.  Satoshi (who?) from the LSE (London School of Economics) and Mary (who?) from the University of Boston have conducted a study (who paid for this) measuring 20,000 Americans over a 13 year period to discover that those who were most conscientious and extroverted made the most money.
Hmmm.
However the story headline claims being unattractive leads to money but the finding show a more dedicated approach does the job.  Your looks mean nothing.  This reveals the twisted nature of the media and the half truths of such study.  Who paid for this nonsense?  For a start the use if US folks who are all loud and thoughtless in a society that worships money and rewards hard work with no thought for those who suffer in between does not make for a decent society.  Just making money is not enough, a top level footballer, a businessman or a politician can make money but they may not be nice people (Boris anyone?).  
Anyway if being ugly made you rich I ought to be rolling in it by now, I've had practice!  It does annoy me that talentless individuals get fame and money by being talentless and appearing constantly in the press.  These 'celebs' contribute nothing, make vats piles of cash and remain for the most part broken people with damaged lives.  I must state that if having no talent lead to money and fame can I just let entrepreneurs know that I am here waiting for you.  I have absolutely no talent, as you can confirm, no singing ability, no acting talent, fail at everything and cannot even pout properly, so start sending the money and I will pose for the papers when you are ready.
How does Mrs Beckham do it...?



2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

The depths to which the LSE has descended never cease to amaze me...from academic hothouse to a home for shills and manipulators....

Having been off colour lately I took a look at the Daily Mail online...yes.I know, get thee behind me and all that.
Endless pics of rich women looking like the backs of buses, other women prancing about in miniscule pieces of cloth...men tattooed like criminals...and these are the models for society? If so it explains a great deal...
And reading books on offer on Amazon Kindle makes it clear to me that talent is the last thing an author requires...just tick the boxes of rich lifestyle, whatever the latest fashion in hair colour is and the latest posh overseas location and you are away!

Adullamite said...

Fly, I suspect money lies at the root. Another university does a BA in Harry Potter studies! I find the DM a strange place. The workers hate it but like the money, those that are paid, all know they write lies but take the money, and most despise the repeated stories on show. I wish they would all choose a life and leave for their own sakes.