Tuesday 10 April 2018

Another Day Another Disaster!


The food poisoning I gave myself has had its effects.  Today I rose swiftly as a Lark with a headache and eventually set off for work late.  Once there I began my good work, organised the place as I ought and made my tea.  There was off course no milk so I checked my watch which said it was tn minutes to ten, therefore I should make it back in time for opening up.
As I slipped out the back door I noticed the group of 'walkers' who meet on Tuesdays at out gate heading off into the day, I thought it unusual they were going early.  I got the milk, paid the young lady, wandered back through the back door wondering why people were crowding the main door which I had not yet opened.  
As I made my way to the start I found the place crowded with people.  The girls had opened early I thought but was informed it was ten past ten and where were you?  My watch, which never fails, was twenty minutes behind!  Why?  
As the kids were arriving for the activity at 10:30 I found myself alone with the mums and kids, booking them in and passing them on.  A simple task but difficult if the eyes don't focus and you have to ask the kids to find their own names upside down on the sheet.  They always did straight away!  
A woman booked a ticket for an forthcoming event, a simple task I made a mess off by mucking up her name.  Then, having obtained her card details I attempted to enter it in the card machine, it would not work.  I tried again, and again, and again but it just bleeped and bleeped and I stopped,  sat back and pondered.  That did no good as nothing came to my pondering head so instead I just sat back.
The boss came through to check all was well and I explained the situation. 
Helpfully she asked, "Did you enter the price first?" 
I merely laid my head on the desk and muttered "I hate my life, I hate my life" as this appeared the thing to do.
The paperwork I was using states in large letters "FIRST ENTER THE AMOUNT" at the top of the page.
This I had not glanced at.
It worked next time.
The rest of the time passed in a blur as I attempted small jobs while dealing badly with mums and kids doing another of the holiday week adventures.  I canny mind which one ran out screaming though it might have been me myself.  I did not attempt to make coffee as I was afraid I might kill the machine.
I made my way home in due time.
The police helicopter found me in the fields nearby and returned me to matron....
I don't think I have had enough protein for my mind this week... 

p.s. I've just burned my dinner...


8 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

YOu don't sound like a well man at the minute, but food poisoning, by its very nature, doesn't agree with the system, so I hope that you will soon be over it. Had to laugh at the photo!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, The girls did say I was a sick man, there again they often do...

Adullamite said...

Fly, You need one, or two, of those croissan'wiches... Ideally you would feed yourself on an Arbroath smokie or two, a few slices of Lorne sausage and a fried segment of cloutie dumpling...but you live in heathen parts.

Adullamite said...

Fly, An Arbroath smokie would be grand. Tesco kippers are not the same.

the fly in the web said...

No they certainly are not!

Adullamite said...

Fly, I see you are working again....!

the fly in the web said...

and without sacrificing a goat....

Adullamite said...

Fly, The meat would be useful...