Thursday 1 September 2016

Last Thursday


This sky, taken yesterday, returned today.  I didn't see it!
I was sitting indoors teaching the temp assistant how to work the till, greet people and make sure they didn't cheat her.  "I chat up the old women, you chat up the old men," I said, "Just don't chat up the young men as they will believe you!"  
So having spent a delightful and quite busy day I then proceeded to Tesco to forget to buy the things on the list I left on the bunker!  Grrrr!
Home I trotted to search for information for those who had enquired, poor lass could not help there, and as the Internet at work was down until late afternoon nothing could be done, so I did some when I returned.  
Looking at maps of the area from before the war and soon afterwards shows something of the war damage and something of how many houses were demolished in later years by a council not listening to the people.  Things are different now but at that time councils just did not listen to anyone.   Fun looking at maps, until I fell asleep...
Still, this is my last regular Thursday, from today I will have more time to myself, to do all the museum stuff lying on this laptop!  






2 comments:

Lee said...

It is clear you get a great deal of pleasure out of working at the museum. I'm sure they would miss you if you ever left.

Adullamite said...

Lee, Everyone misses me...mind you some miss Stalin...