Monday 22 June 2015

Work, Work, Work....



This has been my view for the last 48 hours.  I have been doing a bit for the museum which must be in tomorrow, and it is not nearly finished.  My eyes are looking at one another, my mind does not know where it is and I did not catch up on other things till long past the time they had gone.  I am not used to this work lark these days.  
Writing things, when they have to be accurate and right, is not easy as it means going back over it time and again, fixing the mistakes, wondering where bits have gone to and asking why a paragraph is twice repeated in different places!  This is just the revised draft, and two thirds have still to see a preliminary scribble.  
Here I had no interruptions, except when going back and forward to remove that red line that claims I canny spell.  That takes a lot of time I can tell you.  I would like the machine to auto correct misspelt words (Yankees don't like the word 'spelt' either) but this means I would have to go over every word and take out the things the machine puts in wrongly.  
So tomorrow she will scratch my eyes out and grumble "This is not what I wanted," before reaching for the whip.  Not much change from normal for her then...



He thought it funny to sit there and laugh while I attempted to print some pages off.  Not only did it fail as the black ink had run off.  This required the removal of a thousand items to open the printer so as to insert the new one, which luckily was in the drawer.  This complicated operation, once every thing had been returned almost to its place, went wrong as all the pages printed off instead of just the seven I wanted.  I may need a new cartridge soon!  I think that bird may be a Kookaburra and not a Starling judging by the way he laughed at me.

I shot him!

7 comments:

Lee said...

I'm a bit concerned, Mr. Ad-Man. If your eyes are looking at each other, it might have been one of your neighbours you shot, and not the Starling. (Our kookaburras are far more well-mannered, particularly when flying on their Aussie passports...they'd not laugh at you...not in your face, anyway).

I'm sure you'll receive and "A+" and there will be no naughty corner for you!

Unknown said...

If we really were as smart as we like to claim, we would own printer ink companies!

carol in cairns said...

Just a wee bit funny Adullaman!

the fly in the web said...

Inserting new ink into the printer is one or six steps beyond me...I have to call a neighbour's son in for that...so your tech skills are well up on mine.

Mo said...

The best part of days like these are when they are over and you can look back and see actually it came out alright.

Adullamite said...

Lee, Actually concerning the neighbour.....

Jerry, Indeed, why didn't we think of this?

Carol, You sick woman laughing at me..

Fly, I have ruined one printer doing this however.

Mo, I could look back if I hadn't fallen asleep.

Lady Di Tn said...

I can see the key imprints on your forehead where you fell asleep. I guess you lost all sense of humor when you pulled the trigger on Mr. Laughing Bird. Take 2 Asprin and get back to work. Peace