Friday 22 April 2011

.

Sadly the sun does not allow the brightness of the yellow rape seed to show in this picture which is a pity. With the bright sunshine all over England and Wales today, Scotland was cold and dreich as normal, the country would make a pleasant view from the air. The last time I flew at this time of the year vast acreage of rape seed fields could be seen as bright yellow slabs of colour. These fields stood out from the normal green and wheat coloured ones around them. A lovely sight. Much of this ends up as cooking oil, some being used to power vehicles in some areas! A couple of years ago a council bus service was using this and left the townsfolk hungry as instead of choking diesel fumes their noses were filled with the aroma of chips!  However as the cycle trip up the old railway and sitting in the park, reading my book and getting my arms sunburnt, nothing much else has occurred. 

Being 'Good Friday,' a name I still do not comprehend, I considered spiritual thoughts. This ended up as watching a BBC TV programme about Jesus which, unusually for the BBC, did not imply he was a fraud, a product of a passing Roman, or that God had a wife! Instead what I managed to see of this programme had only one major fault, actors! Why any documentary requires actors to portray historical persons in a programme is beyond me. This Jesus, and his compatriots, gave us a 'tour de force de overacting.' This gets in the way of the real Jesus and shows how little the producers really understand of the man. Still the archaeologists and professors, did appear to know what they were talking about although one woman had some rather strange opinions about John the Baptist! The programme continues tomorrow, and for once I am looking forward to a TV programme about Jesus, and that is unusual. I much prefer to read the book, it is easier to comprehend!   

.
     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember one of the vans that delivered to my old job ran on cooking oil, very strange experiencing a chip smell from the back of a van... Great picture!

Adullamite said...

Indeed that would be fun. My pics are poor but I was impressed with your pic of Dean village!