Thursday 17 March 2011

Sympathy

.

Naturally I have had little sympathy during my 'Man Flu' experience. Although I found this site very helpful with that :- Man Flu   Only today I was forced, against my better wishes, to visit the dole office and pretend I was seeking work. Sympathy extended to such things as being told to "Breathe in the other direction," and "Don't e-mail me, I might catch a virus." A resounding "Bye" and a waving of papers in my direction ended my short visit. Good job I am not one to complain. 

The answer to unemployment is to start your own business. Great idea, but when this is put forward people tend to forget to mention how many such starter jobs fail within three years, if indeed they last that long. The answer is for bigger companies to be encouraged to employ folk. There appears to be nothing around that will let that happen. Two and a half million unemployed yet no jobs being created, bar short term ones in the east end for the Olympics in 2012.  Are you as excited as I about these games? I am as excited as Matt in the Daily Telegraph!  



.

4 comments:

soubriquet said...

I was fed-up with the olympics long ago.. like... decades ago.

Hands up all those who remember Tessa Jowell announcing that there'd be a london 2012 olympics, and that it was all carefully costed and it wouldn't go a penny over budget... that was just before they discovered none of the costings included V.A.T. (value added tax... a U.K. tax levied upon just about everything. (including stuff you already paid tax on...20%).

well. Of course it can only be a tremendous boost to our nation's earnings, yes?
I understand montreal's still not fully paid for yet. when was that?

nope. I'm just not at all interested in how far some butch translyvanian can chuck a hammer.
Yawn. fast forward, wake me when it's all over.

Mike Smith said...

Matt is a genius! Hope your man-flu goes soon...

Adullamite said...

Soub, £9 billion was the first price. Who knows what the last will be?

Mike, Matt is a genius! The one guaranteed laugh each day.

A. @ A Changing Life said...

I am as excited about the Olympics as I am about the Wedding