Sunday 28 January 2024

Sabbath Begg


They said the new moon was different from all the other moons so the other night I had a quick look.  However, having looked closely at the thing it appeared to be the old one returning once again.  If however, there are other moons out there surely they would have either appeared brightly high in the sky, or possibly only during the day when one of the suns was up and therefore hidden?  All this astronomical stuff confuses me... 


I found myself with one of those 24 bugs this morning, though it was not there 24 hours ago.  I skipped breakfast and after some hesitation remained indoors.  This it turned out was a good idea.  Not only could I wallow in self pity but I could listen to some music, better than what was on offer at the Kirk today, also I chose to listen to an old Alistair Begg talk.
This was from 2019 and is his beginning of wandering through 1 Samuel.   I have already heard some of these and decided to start at the beginning and possibly, work through the lot.  This will take time, todays sermon was 37 minutes, and requires listening.  This I am not used to.  
While he has based himself in Cleveland, USA, and even become a US citizen after all these years there, he still retains his proper Scottish accent.  This he developed properly by working at Charlotte Chapel, then in Rose Street.  It is not unusual for those from the west to move to Edinburgh to learn how to speak properly.  His easy manner, developed over many years, makes him easy to listen to, his biblical knowledge is good, and he ranks amongst the better speakers of the day.
Anyway, this is how I spent my day while watching poor English football, a small riot, and easing my insides back into play.  That may take a bit longer, and I need to lose pounds.    
Naturally, being so popular at the KIrk no-one has contacted me to check on my welfare...

And when you are not eating what arrives on screen...?


His and Hers you will note...

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

You can't seem to shake off these bugs....do you think you start overdoing things the minute you feel a little better?

Leo, waking in the night, woke me to announce he had seen a UFO...it was, needless to say, the moon!
He'd better go easy on those sleeping pills!

Adullamite said...

Fly, Tee Hee! Mogadon man!