Monday 23 October 2023

Monday Moping

 


Every time I log on at the moment I get an extra browser page.  Microsoft offering me an expensive and unwanted 'Outlook' when I already have similar and find I do not require most of what is there now.
'AdBlockPlus' tell me they have updated and I can contribute on this page.  I like this, and sometimes contribute when I can.  It is a good way to block ads on laptops.  This does not work on mobile phones unfortunately.  'Mozilla' itself logs on to tell me the name is changing from 'Firefox.'  They also tell me how to stop their ads appearing, which is good.  'Open Source' is always good.
The problem with all this is that the new additions are always larger than previous.  This means when operating sometimes things clash, and dead screens appear.  Facebook is appalling for having too much space, mostly for things I do not want, or to grab all my information.  


It also becomes a problem when the numpty working the laptop does not know what he is doing.   
This is a position I have often found myself in.  I am becoming confused between different log-on's. This is because many are the same colour and I canny change them.  So , I click the blue one just to unclick it and click the other blue one over there.  Why can there not be more variety in the colours?  Bah!  
The cables do not help.  I have several black cables, and I had to try them all before I found the right one, the one already in the laptop, to fill the battery of the Kindle.  I have them all hanging from the tree beside me now.  I may join them if this continues!


So it goes on.  Artillery from the border, bombs from aircraft, rockets from far off.  Around 5000 dead in Gaza, all terrorists I expect, and a couple of thousand dead in Israel itself.  Over 300 soldiers apparently included.
So what do we do?
Has God returned the Jews to the land he gave them?  Are Palestinians living out an age old enmity with God?  What about the Christian ones among them?  The third oldest known church has been hit by Israel, erected around 425 AD, yet not safe, many killed.  
If the land invasion goes ahead thousands will die, including the Israeli armed forces.  Iran may attempt to get involved via proxy.  Others by negotiation.  The whole thing is a mess.  
What should we do?

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Certainly pray for peace, the pnly positive thing we can do as our governments are hell bent on war, ignoring the wishes of the people they govern.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I fear this may be taken beyond their grasp.

Kay G. said...

Pray for peace. Always.

Adullamite said...

Kay, Agreed.