Friday 20 October 2023

Humdrum Friday


I have sat here all day trying to think of something to write.
Nothing has come.
The lack of stimulus, caused by not getting around, is telling on me.  The desire to move is easing, the effort not worth it, and I reach Tesco and am done for the day.  I tried a little exercise yesterday, now I feel it.  The view is limited and nothing rebounds.
The news remains dominated by Israel, with little understanding from all sides.  This is interrupted by the death of a celebrity, or another leaving a TV programme, or a mother complaining her school will not allow her child to be a brat.  
Then they return to the war.  
The Radio is failing me also.  Many good programmes have disappeared, the iPlayer, I refuse to call it 'Sounds,' is searched but reveals lots of mediocre rubbish of limited variety.  Anything worth having has been had.  
Even visiting Tesco has been difficult, the rain has not stopped, and may continue again tomorrow.  Quite how the people up near Brechin will manage I don't know.  A housing development there was evacuated because of the floods.  Now who allowed them to build on a flood plain?  OK, this has not happened before but...
Football and travel in North East Scotland has been scuppered.  Roods unpassable, floods everywhere, and with more rain coming it may take a week to clear.  We just get wet here.  Even down the hill they have not yet been flooded.  Global warming, except it is not that warm, but good for October.


I did make an effort to work out the Christmas offerings.  Things I bought last year appear pricier this year.  Even the PIES bought from Forres have been dumped, they too show evidence of the cost of living rise.  Having struggled to pay thanks to technical problems I decided it was costing too much and abandoned the idea.  I will need an alternative from somewhere as it really is too costly now.  
My idea was to send a box of chocolates of some sort to various peoples.  But then one is vegan, one cannot eat this, another that, and only the dogs will eat everything, except they shouldn't!  I saved money by deleting the links to the high prices.
The rest of the day has been spent in a dream.

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

A friend is coming to CR from the USA and has kindly offered to bring stuff down. I have been on goodness only knows how many websites looking for the items I want...go through the whole rigmarole only to find when it comes to payment they only accept cards issued in the US or Canada!
Talk about insular!
And worse, the kipper supplier is one of them....

No pies! That is a real tragedy..

Adullamite said...

Fly, Pies and kippers out of bounds! US moneylovers not accepting cards? You might need to get one...

Kay G. said...

Listen to good music! That is the best thing to do. Take care. Stay dry.

Adullamite said...

Kay, Good idea. I'll put Jimi Hendrix on.