Friday 9 June 2023

Worn Out


It has been a hard week.  Nothing to grab the attention in the world outside so I took to exercise again.
The bug has been hanging around for months, I have remained indoors, well away from all, in an attempt to sleep it off.  However, the vicar has been praying for it and this week the brute subsided somewhat.  So, exercise is has been, added to house cleaning, and hoovering the main stairs which had been left in a mess by the carpet layers doing the flat next door.  They cleaned up their mess and left the stairs behind.
Today, I hobbled to Tesco, returned having realised I ought to have waited until tomorrow, and have done nothing since.  I liked that bit.  Still, this is the best I have felt since before May.  
The sun shining has been helpful, though I have not gone out since early this morning.  Most of the day I sit here freezing while half naked women walk past the door.  I open the window and a cold wind that does not appear outside arrives.  I close the window and I get warm!    Only late at night is it comfortable.  At least I can see the red glow in the far off sky after ten in the evening, that is good.
Now however, I am knackered...

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

So here's the vicar doing his bit and you decide to go into overdrive and do housework!
But I'm glad you are feeling better.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I think I made a mistake here...

Jenny Woolf said...

The vicar is praying you will take exercise? For heavens sake man 😄😄

Adullamite said...

Jenny, As I said...