Friday 30 June 2023

Saying Nothing



A wearisome day.  The muggy weather varies from chilly to too warm.  Cloud covers the land now offering a dreich view of the world.  Early this morning all was bright, if chilly.  I hobbled up to Sainsburys, enriched the CEO who is on around £4.5 million a year, that's over £2000 an hour, this while a member of the House indicated today, while his staff begin on £11 an hour.  He, the CEO, sent a woman who knew nothing to defend him.  Answer came there none.  The £11 an hour staff were not required today, I even worked the demonic self-service machine without trouble, and was wafted home by a following wind.
So wafted was I that I then unpacked my bag and headed out towards Tesco.  How exciting, two stores in one day!  I have not done that for a while.  
Apart from the fat woman who found moving to let me pass difficult all was well, except I did not find all I required.  I did however, buy four Tesco Vouchers, some of my family may prefer this at birthday time, maybe not, but I bought some in case.  We are in birthday season, each month it is someone's turn and I notice that in spite of having 30 cards in the drawer none fit the person at the time!


Just like home.
Books everywhere, half read, not being read, awaiting reading, wish I had never read, and occasionally how did that get there?  The 'Purely for Show' books I got rid of years ago.  We all had them, the kind of books the bets people read and we got them also, and also never read them.  Dumped them, but some are there to prove I had a brain once, and almost used it.  That however, was also for show.  Today I know my place, just north of the gutter, avoiding contact and having to react, letting others take their place.  I will still read books mind...



2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

I have a shopping trip this afternoon.....the farmers' market, the animal feed store, the chemist and whatever magical mystery tour Danilo is hell bent on doing in search of some obscure but essential implement.

Books...the house is overflowing with them....I pull out a few at a time to read - if not interrupted, which I usually am.

Thanks to the gluten free maniac no pies or sausage rolls here....ochone.

Adullamite said...

Fly, I hope the trip went well, and Danilo brought you back before bed time.