Friday 22 July 2022

Broken Camera


The one problem at the moment (only one?) is the wee camera.  It has been working fine but with the warm weather I have been carrying the thing in my jean pockets.  The other day I took one or two awful pictures and the lens jammed.  It would not retract, and now just sits there glaring at me.  
Whether the weather had a part in this I know not, but being jammed in the pocket is not good.  I made use of all my brute force and ignorance, but this failed this time.  
A quick search of the web brought several videos regarding repairing G11 problems, so this is good.  
I will soon attempt to play with it and maybe get it back working.  After all, when I have put my technical abilities to work elsewhere I have discovered, er, failure!  Ah well.
This is a good wee camera for £40 pounds, and no replacement is available at the cheap shop I obtained mine from.  However, by rummaging among the drawers I have found the old Leica wee'er camera that might do for now.  This was given to me by my brother when working at Leica, made up from broken camera bits!  It was good at first but will be shown up by the other cameras around now.  However as it has been lying for a while it is a bit dusty,  and I forget how to use the bits on offer.  
Still, I am not one to grumble.
I note the programme to bring Boris back into power is under way.  Watch the press carefully.


5 comments:

Lady Di Tn said...

Mr. A
I am sorry to hear about the camera. Most of my photos today are taken with my phone as I most often have it with me. So I must say I use my phone mostly as a camera and not a phone. Haha. Do you have a shop that can fix the camera for you? It has been a very hot humid summer here in the south and it is not done yet. I venture out only in the early morning or right b4 dark. So I have become a house kitty this summer. Peace

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adullamite said...

Lady, Ah yes camera phones. They are OK but mine is not that good.

the fly in the web said...

I'm sorry about the camera...delicate beasts, aren't they.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Delicate, and in the hands of a technical brute!