Saturday 16 July 2022

Saturday Waffle


Only an idiot goes out twice on a Saturday that the temperature reaches 78%. 
So, just after 12:30ish I headed across the park.  Roads are quiet for the time, few about, sensible people remaining indoors.  However, once I reached the town centre I found plenty of them, mostly pig ignorant, blocking the paths, allowing kids to run wild, and playing at being the only person in the world!  I only killed three of them.
I first went out to Tesco to avoid the crowds, before 9am all was friendly and efficient for the most part.  Smiles and helpfulness abounded, no one rushed, pushed or stamped their feet impatiently, though we could have.  Happily I trudged back home with my reduced price bargains, but not with the hat to protect me from the sunshine, only one available and that too large.  
Yes, I thought that surprising also.
I went out the second time because I needed to walk, my head needed the view of something different, and the sun might have caught me this time.  I look forward to Monday when it gets to 39C.  I am already sitting/walking around starkers which has upset many wandering past across the road.
Elsewhere, the world continues to revolve around the failures of the tory party, various polls put various people in the lead.  Never trust a poll run by the Tory party!  I am becoming bored of it all.

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Wasn't there a bus in which to swelter?
The little summer has started here...just as the kids go back to school....so the fans are on and the dogs are installed in front of them.

Adullamite said...

Fly, No bus today, just walk in the heat and pretend I am tough. I can feel it a wee bit tonight mind. Tee Hee, I can see the dogs dominating the fans.