Monday 13 June 2022

Nothing Day

 

 
Nothing much has happened except the usual business of life.  Shopping, ironing, grumbling and picking fights on Twitter mostly.  The watching of three football matches a day has taken up much time, I think this ends tomorrow.  
Today I made stew.  A woman who works in catering, tells me this reminds her of those 'Meals on Wheels.'  
"Why?" I foolishly asked.  
"Because this is 'Muck on a Truck!" she said lovingly.  
As I sit here ruminating I am beginning to consider she had a point.
Tonight I am encouraged to wander over to the High Church for Richards induction there.  Our vicar now runs two churches, as the CoE cannot find, nor pay for, another vicar.  This has led to squabbles from some (well, me) as this church is 'High Church,' all robes, parades, candles and tosh, while St P. is 'Low Church, evangelical, bible based, sensible.  They do have their strange ways however, but not like this one.  He is happy, he likes the dressing up, but I am considering standing outside waving a 'No Popery' placard.  I suspect however, most of this lot would not understand what this meant.
Anyway, after my stew I may remain indoors...


No news appears, Boris is lying to us just the same however, this time it is the Northern Ireland protocol and sending people to Africa.  People trafficking, a UK business!  Royals hating one another, Andrew being arrogant, Willie stubborn.  
Nothing new there...



2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Have you considered throwing a stool?

Adullamite said...

Fly, It crossed my mind, but then she offered me cake...