Thursday 16 June 2022

Forced to Purchase Books...

 


It's that woman's fault! 
I was trying not to, but she made me do it.
Today I sat quietly, attempting not to pay out money for anything.
This is good, I like it.
I avoided the usual sites, I kept away from the teasing adverts, I ignored Etsy and E-Bay, and indeed all the online charity shops.  I ignored the book shops as well, especially them.  One look and I am paying out money.
Then she tells me she has found a book on Amazon about  Rome, which sounded tantalising.
I of course would not look into Amazon to find such a book.  
This was a no-go area for me today.
I went to Amazon, just to look and see if the book was any good.
Sadly it was, it was also expensive and I dutifully looked away and avoided spending cash.
Then I noticed the 'Kindle' version was only £2:20 so I purchased that.  
Unwillingly you hear.
However, as I was there I glanced, a mere glance, at the wish list I established some time ago.
I found I had forgotten many of the books there, some indeed since obtained on the cheap.
However, accidentally, I managed to notice that one was available for only just on £3. 
Add £2:80 P&P and I was a way.  
Blast!  
I have done it again!
I must never look into bookshops!

It's all that woman's fault...


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Some tempt with apples...others with books....

Adullamite said...

Fly: I prefer books...