Wednesday 29 June 2022

A Walk in the Park


A couple of weeks ago I did far too much walking than I needed.  Not only that, it was all in a couple of days squeezed together.  This was not wise.  It has taken almost two weeks of remaining indoors to recover.  So today, I wandered out across the park, trying to remember the way.  A walk around town, and back home to sit and stiffen up once again.  Stopping, when old, is not a good idea.  When you start up again it all goes wrong.


I sat here on this old tree seat as I don't think I have ever done this before.  The tree was chopped down along with some others that had come to the end of their life.  One or two may have had problems, but all were replaced with many trees being planted to replace the lost ones.  
The park used to form the gardens of the Big Hoose, who's owner left it, the gardens and the Big Hoose, to the High School for use.  The trees planted way back in the early 1800's were a very wide selection.  Whoever designed the gardens knew what he was doing and what he needed to plant.  Sadly the ones who planted the trees would never see them in full bloom.  Similarly the ones planted in the past few years I will never see reach the heights.  The Big Hoose itself is now a handful of expensive flats, sorry, apartments, with added houses at ludicrous prices. 


Tennis is rumbling on.  I would rather look at the gray clouds above, they are more interesting.


3 comments:

Kay G. said...

And beep your horn and say, "Get the BACH out of the way!".
HA HA!

the fly in the web said...

Quite agree on the stopping and starting...with a storm forecast for tomorrow I went shopping. Returned to cook lunch - all fine until it appeared that I had to go out again for things not put on the list. Getting going again was a real struggle!

Adullamite said...

Kay, Hee Hee...


Fly, The List! Why is it that list always has something missing?