Wednesday 22 December 2021

Post, Tesco, Angels...

Isn't it annoying that when you have done everything someone you forgot sends you a card?  So first thing today I trot down to the Post Office to send an heavy letter, the kids needed something, and hopefully I will not be back until the new year.  Surely there is no other required now?

 
That did not mean I could sit here and do all the other online stuff that is required, oh no.  I discovered I needed bread.  This was going to wait until tomorrow when the shops are crowded with the desperate piling the trolleys with stuff they don't need, but I decided it had better be done today.  So off I trotted round the town, to see if anything good was happening, it wasn't, and then into Tesco for a handful of things.  
30,000 people were also looking for a handful of things, some requiring several children to help them gather the needfuls.  Such fun!  This christmas most people have developed the Christmas frown.  Desparate for that gift, that important item, the family coming, going, not going, and what will the family/neighbours/someone think attitude, all blessing the season.  Today however, all was pleasant.  
As we queued there were debates as to the time we could get home, the need to return tomorrow for those forgotten items, and whether the kids would make the big tin of old fashioned sweets last until New Year.  That was an easy one to answer, no they would not!  All pleasant and correct.
 

Late last night I noticed these Angels appearing on the fence opposite.  This happens annually now.  Most have a card attached indicating these are to be taken and cared for.  Many had disappeared by this evening as usual.  Small things really but many think this adds something to Christmas.  

Oh yes, I have forgotten something and now must visit Sainsburys before the panic driven arrive!  No long lie in bed tomorrow...

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

All the shops selling tat are crowded out...I thought that might make for more space in the supermarket...how wrong could I be!

Adullamite said...

Fly, Nope, a few in early like me this morning, abour 10,000 I think.