Tuesday 13 July 2021

Maggotts.


 

Disgusting!
I opened the bin this morning and found many of these inside!  
All those bluebottles that have plagued me recently have been laying their eggs and now attempting to take over.  
This is not what I wish to see early in the morning.
I had fish last week, this left a stink around the kitchen.  I cleaned up as you do, but the stink remained.
On Sunday morning I cleaned the bin as it still stank somewhat, unwillingly as I do not work at weekends to avoid irking neighbours.  The bin was fine, the new bag clean.
This morning I opened the bin and found dozens of beasties there!
So another bag required, maggotts, fine in hospitals where they still have a use, but not in my house, now flushed down the bath plughole.  The kitchen now cleansed again properly, new bag, clean smell, and awaiting sausage roll for lunch.
I could do without this in the mornings.
A walk up to the shops produced more cleaning stuff and a small bottle of Lavender pong.  This is supposed to drive flies and such like away.  So, now the place pongs indeed.  The window's have been dabbed, the lampshades, the kitchen areas and bins, all the places the beasties may like.  Hopefully that will put them off.  So far it appears to work, though whether that is coincidence I will soon find out.   
 

3 comments:

Dave said...

I was in a hardware shop the other day and saw fly papers on sale, something I've not seen for years. I can remember them from when I was very young.

the fly in the web said...

I boiled up some old eggs for the dogs....when it came to dishing out the lastof them, a few days later, one was crawling with maggots. Luckily I had kept them outside on the dog prep table....Podge ate both egg and maggots with pleasure. A truly revolting little dog.

Adullamite said...

Dave, I have some, goodfor wee flies.

Fly, Dogs have their uses.