Monday 29 March 2021

In the Soup

As I walked out the other morning the weather she was gray, the sky cloudy, the wind chilled.  Frozen, I wandered around 'exercising.'  Today, trapped by the smelly washing and then making chicken soup I am stuck inside while the sun hits the 60's F.  Innit typical!  
The soup came from a chicken of dubious heritage, or is it just that no chicken today provides nourishment?  Yesterday I prepared the chicken and turned on the oven at 20 minutes to ten, then sat at the laptop awaiting the oven heating up.  At 20 minutes past 11, I remembered the chicken and placed it in the oven!  An hour and a half of warm house but uncooked chicken!  It was nearer one before I could eat.  My whole day was put out by crass stupidity, and not for the first time.  I could not hobble to the church this morning, too far for me today, though they were open, and could not find a proper service online, it being hours before our online one arrived, so I filled my time with listening to Alistair Begg again.  This however is not the same as meeting people, even wrapped up according to the orders, but he is always worth a listen. 
With the clocks marching forwards we see Spring in action properly, the gas and electric folk want a meter reading!  This means clambering down the awkward stair and then clambering slowly back up again tomorrow to read them.  Have they no heart?  Can they no longer employ people to read meters?  No, they cannot, that costs money the shareholders want!
 

5 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Now he's the sort of lawyer to have....

Dave said...

Wot no Smart meter!

Adullamite said...

Fly, I wonder if he works near here?

Dave, No signal in basement, so smart meter no work!

Jenny Woolf said...

I often put on my oven check it is lit, and then wait for it to warm up. Then as I touch the oven fifteen minutes later I feel it is cold and open it to find the flame went out almost immediately after I checked it. I guess you should be glad you don't have my rotten oven if you are going to forget to put the chicken in too. You 'd very soon starve to death!!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, The benefit of electric is that they switch on, the problem is forgetting to enter items in oven and switching the thing off afterwards! The place is often warm...