Thursday 4 March 2021

Burning...


After several days of sloth I decided to bake today.  I have been planning this for a while now and finally got around to it.  In days past I often made my own oatcakes, flapjacks and shortbread.  I gave this up after finding the flapjacks delicious and putting on half a stone in a relatively short time.
Today I had a go at the oatcakes and as long as I can cope with a burnt topping, crumbling mess and putting on weight I think I did OK, though why it does not stick together I know not.  
The picture above comes from a different recipe, one I will try next as it looks simpler than mine.  
The mess left behind is completely out of proportion to the feeble burnt offering produced.  Far too many items require washing up, far to much of the bunker is covered in a variety of er, stuff, and I need to eat all produced to give strength to clean up after cooking.  How come people do this for a living?
 
 
The Chancer of the Exchequer produced yet another budget making the poorest pay for the richest. He did not mention those who live abroad as tax exiles, failing also to mention if his wife does this, nor did he pay anything to the NHS as promised.  Indeed it appears he is cutting their cash, to benefit US private health companies I suspect.  The usual blether from the right wing press, there appears to be no other today, supporting this great man, much to Boris's indignation I would suggest.  However, it makes little differnce to the poor like me, though you rich people out there might find your tax cut, if you bring in lots of 0000's in your wages.
 
 
The Tory press is quite quiet today having failed to cause a war within the Scottish National Party and failing to create a situation with which to force Nicola to resign.  The clamour for her resignation was loud in all right wing English owned media and threats of 'confidence' votes were heard, today nothing!  
The media calling for resignation are the same media that do not call for Boris or Sunak or Hancock to resign over their lies, corruption and deceit, I wonder why?  Now I actually am not a fan of Nicola, I prefer Alec, and much in the way the SNP is run worries me.  However, when she gets the Indy vote through, when Scotland is independent the Scots government will run things in their own way, parties will change, personnel will change and hopefully we can return to arguing with one another properly without English interference.

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Is Alfred your second name by any chance?
I agree though, home baking can tend to reduce a kitchen to a war zone.
I watched Salmond and Sturgeon...the co ntrast was marked. He did not call for her resignation, just pointed to the evidence of improper proceedings. She dragged his name through the mud. I was not impressed.
My worry is that there has been no indy plan, no preparation in all the time she has led the Scottish government...and where is the money to come from to fund the next campaign? Where is the ring fenced dosh?
As to money bags, once again, the poor will be paying to fund the rich...but the damned fools keep on voting for these robbers. Ask them if they would vote for the Sheriff of Nottingham...certainly not. Vote for a bunch of rich incompetents, yes sir, yes sir, three bags full, sir.

Adullamite said...

Fly, The next move is Alecs. However she has shut up the media. I see a possibility of the nHS getting a bit more after the otucry today.