Tuesday 16 February 2021

Isolate, Press, Jab.

 

I have been isolating for several days.  By 'isolating' I mean, 'too lazy to go out.'  There is no need to venture downstairs, the neighbour has left the mail at my door, well, two grubby adverts for takeaways that is, there is milk in the fridge, bread in the bin, and meat in the freezer, so no need to spend money.
Weather dreich again, the icy sunshine replaced by rain which removed the last vestiges of snow and saturated those dogwalkers in the park.  The dogs did not notice either the rain or the saturated walkers.  I watched from the window, giggling.
I have, like so many others, ceased watching or reading the news.  On Twitter, when not banned for no good reason, I find headlines worth reading, from several media, few are worth following up.  The main press online appears to fill the page with half naked ageing celebrities, women showing their scars for no good reason, occasional murder, robbery, shock-horror or sentimental slush stories, no real in depth news or comment.  Why do people buy them as their is nothing inside?  'Bread & Circus's for the people I suspect.
The vaccine of course fills the spaces, either millions have been given, or not enough, depending on who you read.  My first 'jab' is scheduled for Saturday, if I can walk that far to the hospital and then stand for hours in the queue!  We wait to see how it goes.  Already talk is of ending lockdown and back to normal.  No chance for a long time in my view.  Sudden ending and soon another lockdown.
Back bench Tories with their eyes on the cash box will disagree.
 

 

2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

You have the neighbour trained......
Nasty shock looking at the 'news' this morning...Harry and Maghan plastered all over the place. I thought they had left.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Silly girl, there is money in future interviews, and any publicity helps.