Thursday 9 January 2020

Thankful Thursday


I am nonplussed by the situation, a situation in which even the squirrels will not jump over the railings, cross the busy road, climb up the walls and offer me a gentle back massage.  They appear keen to do this for one another.  Possibly they have been reading the responses I have been given from a variety of femalehood who rejected the opportunity to do this little job.  These were not very ladylike I must say.
However life is getting better, today I stumbled up to Sainsburys before 7:30 to collect the basics required to keep me going until the weekend.  This shop is not far away but having carried a small bag back home I think I can feel the effect on my back.  Still, I will be OK soon, it is the people who have pains that cannot be traced and lead to long term hospitalisation that I feel for.  It came to mind my time in the infirmary in 1974.  I was asked to help set up the 'ironing board.'  I looked at the sister and she giggled before a nurse took me to the bottom of the ward where a contraption, like an ironing board had mysteriously replaced a bed without me noticing.  (I was busy elsewhere)  Here we put together what was just two rather thin pieces of strong wood, like an ironing board, and obtained a patient for whom this was intended.  The man lay down on the bottom board, hard and unyielding, the board, not the man, and as he lay staring into space the second hard board was lain above him.  By tightening the screws on this torture table we turned the poor man over every two hours.  He was to spend three weeks with us on this board in an attempt to clear his back problem.  I have no idea how it ended or whether it worked but I hope never to develop whatever he had developed.  Poor man.  
Anyway the cough woke me at five this morning and by six I was having breakfast with the remnants of the stale bread.  I then visited the store, had a bath, boy I needed one, and after having read several chapters of my new book and the water getting cold I did the laundry!  What an exciting day! Was your day as good as this?
Having been unable to do anything this was indeed a relief but I feel not quite with it yet, showing just how much of a wimp I am, and I am planning my return to exercise next week.  Funny how during November I was exercising and beginning to feel quite good.  One cough from a friend and here I am standing at the undertakers up the road checking prices!  
Tomorrow I will just sit and read all day...


When you play at war accidents happen.  Men get jittery and fire before they see the enemy, others automatically respond, on occasion some care little and open fire anyway.  Now it appears the Ukrainian passenger jet shot down after leaving Tehran airport might have been accidentally destroyed by Iranian anti-aircraft fire.   176 persons, some Iranian, were lost. It would be all to easy to say "Trump, your grandstanding caused this!"  But I will not say that.

 ITV

I wonder if Harry really thought this through.  Just because your bint says it ill be OK does not mean it will be OK, especially when she does not know what she is talking about.  Grumbling about press coverage is understandable, sue them I say, but 'stepping back' from being royal does not work.  The grubby media will be even more desperate to seek you out, the chances of 'earning a living' is just nonsense, and the desire to keep all the houses and rich lifestyle with the income is unworkable.  
If they give up royal duties this means losing the wages that go with it, they do not appear to have considered this.  Who will employ them?  Or who will make use of them, probably that is a better question, and now the Piers Morgan's of this world have tasted blood and these men will never stop, even if the law says they ought to.  Life is not going to get easier Harry.

6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

The clue to your ails might be that you have been exercising...very dangerous activity especially for those of us over twenty five...

The ironing board sounds as if it had been borrowed from the Tower of London. Did they do the rack as an encore?

Should not think Harry can think at all...TOC H lamps come to mind. Not a good idea to antagonise the monarch..she can be vengeful, as Lester Piggott found out.

Kay G. said...

Seems to me that Harry and Meghan should look at the sad lives of the Prince of Wales and Wallis Simpson...after he gave up the throne, their lives were empty. I understand that Harry is 6th in line to the throne but I think you see what I mean.

Dave said...

Unfortunately I think marriage to Meghan has pulled Harry in the wrong direction. Its very difficult for him when he's obviously besotted and wants to please her and Meghan never having experience life in the upper class circles is unaware of the protocols that go with that level of society. Being part of the Royal firm and getting paid for it has its responsibilities, you cant have your cake and eat it.

Adullamite said...

Fly, The monarch will sort things out, she will get Philip to shoot them accidentally.

Kay, He is following his woman rather than thinking for himself.

Dave, I agree. It will not keep the media off him.

Mike Smith said...

If I were Meghan I wouldn't go into a white Fiat any time soon...

Adullamite said...

Mike, It's OK. Philip has been banned from driving, remember!