Saturday 12 October 2019

Rain!


I am supposed to be out this afternoon and its raining.
The weather girl, the one who refuses to come and do my ironing, cheerfully informed us the rain would pass over 'late tonight,' but cheerfully added that it will be 'back tomorrow.'
Nasty things women!
A male weatherman would have ensured sunshine for the weekend.
Bah!


'Plusnet' Speed dropped recently from around 57mps to just under 30.  I was not amused.
This still gave a workable speed but I am paying for the lot and wish to obtain all of it, even if not required. 
I contacted them via the site, a response came, then nothing for a week!
I contacted the 'Plusnet Help' on Twitter and soon had a reply.
At their end there was no fault, indeed they claimed I could get 72!!!
So he offered a plan.
By making use of the Ethernet cable I tested again and lo and behold all returned to normal, right up to just over 57 mps again.
I was intrigued how this use of a cable could sort this problem.  What caused it?  I may never know.
Still, it is now fixed and if he rain stops in 20 minutes I may leave and go to the 50th anniversary party of the St Paul's Church.  That is, 50 years since it became an independent parish.
Church folks will do anything for a nosh up.
It does mean I miss some football however...

4 comments:

the fly in the web said...

When the rains start here the internet drops...apparently we are to have fibre optic next year....but propably only if flying pigs pass the window...

Adullamite said...

Fly, I have fibre up to the green box, then it is copper. Supposedly one day it will be fibre all the way. When working it is good enough for me however, business might need more.

Kay G. said...

How I wish you could send us your rain! We have not had any going on 6 weeks now and it is getting scary. Have you really asked the weather girl to do your ironing? You should send her a letter, she might think it funny and read it out on TV! Either that or you could be arrested for stalking.

Adullamite said...

Kay, You can have as much rain as you like, it belongs to you anyway. This is the remnant of US hurricanes making their way over here. Please collect them and take them home.