Friday 15 February 2019

Thursday Afternoon Work

 
Thursday, when attempting to sleep of my cough, I was dragged back into the museum to cover for the women, all the women, who had taken the day off to have their hair done!  Valentine's Day and they were on the make.  However much to their displeasure not all the women could skive as there was a meeting arranged for councillors in an attempt to get their attention on the museum.  The many great works in which they are participating affect us and two lassies and the manager, who did not require having his hair done, called the meeting to harangue the council.
So I was left on my own with all the work.


One couple on a day out and a local wasting time were all the visitors, at least once the councillors had decided to arrive.  These were an interesting bunch.  Some I knew, intelligent women with, shall we say 'drive,' who have been 'getting things done for thirty years,' others rather younger and much better looking who will be the same in thirty years time.   Council men came and went and one or two ought to 'went; as far as I am concerned.  Just how do these people get elected?  Some are capable and others make me look a genius, so that says much.  Almost all are Tories, and many look like it, but one appeared to be like Farmer Jones who had never moved out of the suburbs, most worrying.  
Will anything follow from this meeting?  Maybe...
Today I am resting my cough.  Why do these coughs not go away?



5 comments:

Mike Smith said...

Private Eye keeps me sane...

the fly in the web said...

Many years ago ....I almost hear Dame Celia Molestrangler say many, many years....I was a rural district councillor,a sole voice for the Labour Party, among the rest who, though calling themselves Independent, were all members of the Tory party. They were all puzzled that I had been elected...world turned upside down....and kept me well away from the planning committee.

Adullamite said...

Mike, I await our cooncillors appearing in there.

Fly, It is like that here, all Tories bar one or two. Their own plans rarely fail...

Jenny Woolf said...

I sometimes think local councillors must be masochists, they have so many idiots calling them about all kinds of problems, would drive me mad. I am glad to say the ones in our area seem pretty good. But then most of them have never stood for election before and have not yet had time to become world weary I suppose....

Adullamite said...

Jenny, It is not a job, especially in big cities, that will bring general support from the locals. Whether good or bad you will get nothing but complaints.