Saturday 11 November 2017

The 11th....


The BBC managed to ensure the Armistice Day was commemorated well by covering the Lord Mayor of London's Parade.  This live event features many representatives of London and elsewhere marching through the City of London, a good day out for all - if the rain stays away.
Today it began with the Last Post and the two minutes silence.  This was fitting and as always many soldiers, sailors and airmen are found marching in this parade.  I wonder how many others commemorated this two minutes elsewhere on this busy Saturday morning?



Life continues elsewhere and TV offered me the first Christmas advert of the year.  I avoid TV most of the time, I avoid adverts constantly, unfortunately I saw this one. 
My verdict?
"Puke"


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

We set the alarm and took the time to think of the grandfather Leo never knew...
He had been gassed and died from the effects several years after the war
We thought of my father's brothers who died in that war.

And we thought, as so often, that those who send them to risk their lives do not risk their own.

That the aims are not as presented to the poor buggers who join up.

And that the sanctimonious references to 'sacrifice' are blasphemous.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Many emotions at this time.