Saturday 4 November 2017

Looks like Reindeer...


Many of you will have read The Venomous Bead and her troubles with the latest Microsoft upgrade.
If you have failed to do so I suggest you do as it is funny, it always is when happening to others.
However the upgrade landed here the next day and strange things are happening to me!
This is not funny!  
The most common problem is not a serious one just an annoying irk.  I sign on and it runs as it ought then suddenly I must sign in again!  When I do the brute is already up and almost running yet I have had to sign in twice, why?  This has never happened before and is the fault of the new upgrade.
I notice they have added a 'people' sign to the taskbar yet I neither require this or wish to possess it, naturally it is not removable!  The Start Page also has added many items they claim are new, though they are just upgraded, almost all of which I will never use.
One day they will invent and offer a laptop that does what I require, need, use and like, one I will not find offers items I don't wish and one that works without glitches of all kinds.   


Facebook, the one that claims 126 million people contacted by Russian bots would not be influenced by them yet demands huge costs from those willing to advertise pap to the world as it will influence the viewer, that facebook fell apart the first time I used it after the upgrade.  Whether this was facebook or Microsoft or myself I cannot tell but it disappeared from the screen and suddenly returned!  Of course this HP model cursor has a life of its own.  I leave it here and find it there, I look up a word and when I type the cursor is three lines away from where I left it.  I become the curser then!
Isn't technology great?


Christmas brings its troubles.  One of them is the council 'Reindeer Hunt' in which local kids are encouraged to find the reindeer hidden across town.  If they are as big as this one and the one placed outside the museum I suspect they will find them easily enough.  I suspect however the majority will be no more than a foot high and found in the windows of many shops.
This follows a similar 'hunt' organised by the council during the museum exhibition this summer to make people look into the windows of the shops around the town.  The kids look for the items and the mums spend their money, a good and successful idea.


I canny wait to see what they have placed inside!


3 comments:

Lee said...

I hate change!!!! I've no patience when things don't work as they have successfully been working!!!

The reindeer hunt sound like lots of fun and reminds me of when I was a little kid. The local shops in Gympie's main street would hide an object or objects in their windows...something that the store didn't sell and we had to find them. I think the prize for doing so was some lollies...but the prize didn't really matter...the fun of the game is what we enjoyed most of all.

the fly in the web said...

Wait for the increase in the rates to pay for the blasted reindeer...

There is a chap here who collects up the fibreglass reindeer after Christmas, refurbishes them and sells them - pesters people - at the veg market on Saturdays.
It has to be Christmas as he made his first appearance this Saturday...

I'm sorry you are having upgrade troubles...I think the two words go together like reindeer and sleigh.

Adullamite said...

Lee, Change is good when advised and considerate, Microsoft change is woeful! The Gympie idea is behind the Reindeer.

Fly, This Tory council would never wish to increase rates...Ha! Upgrade troubles have settled into a rhythm, I suspect new ones tomorrow.