Saturday 7 October 2017

Another Day Another Doll.. Hold on..


Once more the shortage of staff forced me out of bed and into a clean shirt for museum duty.  Imagine having to shave on a Saturday rather than a Sunday!  This puts my body clock right out and I will be confused all week.  
As expected little happened though having decoration work under way we allowed folks in free of charge which brought a few smiles to faces.  At least one or two spent money in the shop afterwards.   This always pleases me and it pleased the kid who left with a pair of Harry Potter glasses also!
The main bulk of the morning was spent watching a cha stick stuff up his nose outside.  I spoke to him somewhat roughly and while I wish I had just lifted him and dumped him outside I was wary of folks passing and also me losing out!  The boss called the 'town security' who never appeared and eventually he wandered off.  If he returns I may get annoyed and dump him with or without security. Sticking stuff up his nose with kids around is not on and it is not going to happen in our garden.
I have been running this through my head since and it annoys me.  Some folks need help, others need removed from society while they kill themselves slowly, he was one of the latter.  
On the Twitter feed I watch the local police and they are constantly picking up drug dealers with thousands in their pockets yet people say legalise drugs and end the crime?  It may end crime but will still have thousands dying on our streets hooked on this junk.  Legalising it will not save them.


The drizzly day sauntered on after this, happy dealings with the families that arrived, happy dealing with a lovely young woman who spent money, and happy to leave not long after noon and head for home.  Life has been dead since!


The problem with weekends is a simple one, if there is no football there is nothing happening.  No political stories, no tragedies, no events that need mentioning in fact no news at all which must really annoy those having to work the weekends.  Once I have shopped there is little else to do when the rain drizzles uncomfortably down TV and radio are poor and the web is not pleasing me.  Now I just sit and mope as I am too tired to think.  Bah!

 

5 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

It's so hard to know what to do about drug users, I usually have opinions on everything but never offer my thoughts on this which must be a relief for many. Weekends can be so dull which is why like living in London as there's always something. It's hard without a car or I'd suggest fetes and jumbles, you often get cheap and interesteibg books and always a cup of tea. Personally I have always fancied bell ringing but depends if you mind going deaf though.

Jenny Woolf said...

Did my last comment register ? Trying to use my phone but I got one of those annoying cookie things and trying to get rid of it, the post disappeared.

the fly in the web said...

The end of the cricket season finds me somewhat in limbo every year....though then it all starts up again in another continent and the household adjusts itself to having meals according to the schedule of play...
I too find the TV and radio poor at the moment...any more of this and I shall have to take up housework...

Lee said...

I can't imagine having to shave any day of the week! It's a wonder more men aren't running, walking or hobbling around unshaven!

I never get bored. I enjoy my own company and rarely go seeking the company of others. I enjoy being at home, so being at home never bores me. :)

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Drug users do need help but not near museums. London does have lots but I found travelling a pain. As for bell ringing there is the local church but luckily I canny hear them!

Jenny, It worked!

Fly, Housework? It's not that bad!

Lee, I might shave again this week...on Sunday!