Monday 9 October 2017

A Gray Day


A gray day that saw me wandering about our limited town looking for a Teddy Bear.  People keep having kids and the only gift is a Teddy Bear and could I find one?  No!  There were varieties of soft toys, some affordable, but no actual Teddy Bear available.  I was about to give up and search online when I passed the charity shop with one in the window, cheap but nice.  I had to check it was a special buy and not a second hand thing, I am not that mean, but it was indeed a special purchase so in the pocket it went and soon, after I have adapted the price ticket, it will be prepared for handing to the happy worn out mum. 

 
Once I decided to search the web for Teddy Bears I discovered just how many people sell them, often hand made, jolly expensive but decent bears.  There is a big business in old bears often worth vast sums of money.  New bears, Steiff of Germany is a great name, retail for over a hundred or more pounds, and vintage ones cost thousands!  If I ever have money I will ignore banks and out my money into vintage Teddy Bears and these will definitely keep their value.  

 
Ma hoose...honest!



6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Teddy bears might be a safer investment than vintage wine...if the economic situation deteriorates further there would be the temptation to drink the latter...

Adullamite said...

Fly, You are so right!

Jenny Woolf said...

Strange not being able to get a simple teddy bear so easily. Like when you can get salted caramel and gazpacho icecream but can't get ordinary vanilla!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Thanks for that, I want a salted caramel and gazpacho icecream now!!!

Lee said...

The day here has been fluctuating between grey and blue...similar to yesterday. I hope the grew takes over and brings with it some precipitation!

Adullamite said...

Lee, Precipitation, we only get rain...