Saturday 26 August 2017

Nothing Happened


All day Saturday nothing happened again.
I mean I bought bread and cheap soggy fruit but that's not exciting is it?
So I sat in the park and awaited six O'clock so I could watch the rerun of the football.
Nothing happened in the park.
Not a thing.
The weekend holiday may have taken many away, it may be their shopping was done, it may be nothing was happening but nothing happened.
And my dinner was lousy...


So I mused.
Why, thought I, why has Donald Trump not been shot yet?
He lives in the USA where thousand shave already been gunned down, many fatally, so why has this notorious man not been shot?  The population of the USA contains more headbangers per square in than anywhere else on earth and all are armed to the teeth so how come no-one has tried this yet?
I can understand normal enemies not killing him, you know, North Korea, Russia, China etc, as he is doing more for them being alive than he would dead.  It is well known that British intelligence had been working on ways to kill Adolf Hitler when it was realised it was better to keep him alive as he was as his decisions were working in the allies favour.  So also with Trump.
But surely there is one nutter there who might try?


Books: I thought of a book that might benefit another and ordered it!  I think I have become obsessed!  At one point today I accidentally found myself in a charity shop looking at books.  'Go home' said a voice in my head but my feet remained there until I had searched all shelves.  That reminds me I must look up Amazon to see if they ha...


Worryingly the first sign of Autumn has been sighted, in that there tree.  The leaves are losing their colour and beginning to fall.  Certainly it gets darker earlier, though the clouds don't help, and already people whisper the 'Christmas' word to much chagrin all around.
Did summer happen this year?  I suppose it happened like it always did but I may have been sitting in here watching football that day.


I asked Bert here how things were going, and he was going before he bothered answering. Tsk!


7 comments:

Suza said...

beautiful clouds in the sky

Adullamite said...

Suza, Sky is always good.

Jenny Woolf said...

It's been a pretty dim summer, hasn't it. But I think that tree isnt very well, rather than autumnal, yet. It's still only August!

Adullamite said...

Jenny, I think the tree may be OK. They recently removed one or two and replaced them as age was hurting them so this one may be OK.

the fly in the web said...

Needless to say the sun decided to shine on the day before I was due to fly out after three weeks in England.... suffering a downpour in central London when visiting my bank with fire and brimstone, substituting drinking gin and tonic in a centrally heated kitchen for sinking same in the garden when visiting a friend, getting up in the night to look for an extra blanket when staying with mother....taking more time than usual in the charity shops and emerging with books worth taking back as I had already paid for more luggage in order to accommodate Higher Authoritys shopping list which ran from kippers to woolly socks via Marmite and adaptor plugs...
I feel the way that tree looks....

Adullamite said...

Fly, Once again the fates were against you!Still it will make a great blog post if you ever get the time to write it!

Lee said...

My weekend was spent quietly...just how I like my weekends to be spent.