Saturday 18 February 2017

Bored


Having chosen to remain indoors, once I had nipped out for breakfast, I have been struggling to find decent pictures form what little lies around me, hence starry fruit!  I wondered what that button would do.

   
What do you mean "I think you've had enough sir?"


Playing with the buttons has many effects, especially the effects that make me spend time trying to work out what went wrong!  How many folks have had one of these beauties?  I suppose everyone had a ''Brownie' camera at one time, some of you old enough to have had a 'Box Brownie' I suspect! 
The only one I actually used was the Minolta, a bargain at £125 from a shop in North Finchley many years ago.  How many blurred, distorted, obscure, wrongly exposed and totally naff pictures did I take with that camera?  It was fun mind!  
I suppose most pictures today are taken on mobile phones, and the majority of them are 'selfies' by wee girls exposing themselves for young men to take notice.  I remain unsure that 'selfies' are a good thing myself.  While I understand their use I reckon far too many of these are taken at the wrong time and in the wrong place. 
Maybe I'm just jealous.


The 'Glums' agree with me...


8 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Actually that fruit looks lovely. Which is more than I can say for the atmosphere in the last photo! Glums indeed....

Kay G. said...

I really like the starry fruit photo.

Lee said...

I have no desire to take selfies....and only a few minutes ago was wondering about the craze that's taken over some within our world, and why some are so narcissistic these days.

Why on earth would I want to take selfies when I get a fright every time I look in a mirror???

soubriquet said...

I have been in that Highland Park distillery. It is an interesting place, the tour through the bond warehouse..... Mmmmmm, the very best air a feller might ever breathe.

the fly in the web said...

Forget the fruit, stick to the Highland Park.

Adullamite said...

Jenny, it was indeed lovely and the Glums make a superb family portrait.

Kay, Good, I might use that more.

Lee, I avoid having my pic taken unless it is important.

Soub, I worked in a whisky bond and there is indeed an interesting aroma in places.

Fly, OK....

Mo said...

oohhh I'd love t play with all those old cameras

Adullamite said...

Mo, I think few would work without treatment. Fun mind!