Friday 5 February 2016

Fat Boy!


Enjoying my grossly overfilled plate of muck for lunch I was disturbed by a call from the museum, her voice shrilled on the ansafone and I rose, put aside my lunch and made my way to the desk.  She put the phone down as I lifted mine.  Typical woman!  I realised some tragedy was taking place so I acted swiftly - I went back to my lunch.  I would have called but that costs money.  Later, before I had cleaned up, I waddled into the museum to discover I was not required.  She just wanted to know if the email sent that morning had arrived!  Tsk!
However the new 'Body Science' exhibition was up and running so I wandered around that pushing here and feeling there and recognising the kids will love this one as much as the adults do!  Glancing at the skulls brought some of you lot to mind and I wondered if you recognised anyone...?  This looks a good exhibition, one with lots of thing to play with and that makes folks happy.  Mind you they are getting in free for this exhibition so they ought to be happy.


This there here supposes to inform you of the fat content of the grub you eat.  Difficult to picture through the cabinet but clear enough to see why we are so fat.  I was reading about folks in the past and their healthier diet was mostly vegetarian with occasional meat or fish.  They were thinner, stronger and fitter because of the manual labour and much walking but could of course not cure most diseases.  In fact when I was a lad few fat folks could be seen around town, except for the drinkers of course.


Not very clear but this shows one pound of fat, the fat we carry in our gut.  It has put me off the pizza for tonight anyway!  I had chips instead...


6 comments:

Lee said...

Life is such a burden and made even heavier and more problemsome with the presence of women in it. We women are such a nuisance to you menfolk.

I'm sure you'd be so much better without us upsetting your apple carts. And you blokes would be so much better if the world had less processed and junk food in it to tempt you.

Between women and the latter what chance do you have?

Doom! Doom! Life just ain't fair! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, it is well documented that the ways of old were far less stressful. After all, the average life expectancy was around 30 years less just a couple of hundred years ago, which adds up to the equivalent of 30 years less stress on the average person back in those days. It should also be made abundantly clear that no excess fat has ever been found on the bones of cave men and women! Who do I need to see to get a government grant to fund my study? (Yes, if you insist, I'll cut you in on the action.)

soubriquet said...

Our clean living, all organic ancestors were lucky to live to 30 years old. Despite our disgusting die, we do better.
As for Lee's comment, some of us think women were a pretty good invention, for the most part. Still a few snags to be ironed out though.

Adullamite said...

Lee, get back in the kitchen.

Jerry, 30 years less in some areas, not the west.

Soub, We do better through chemicals from medicine. They were still fitter & healthier. Happier also as the women were in the kitchen where they belong!

the fly in the web said...

Ah! Mother in law as I prefer to see her...

Adullamite said...

Fly, Tee hee!