Friday 11 October 2013

Rain, the weekend's almost here......



After a night of rain I raced slowly to Sainsburys to be overcharged for my breakfast.  On crossing the car park I remembered the holes in my shoes and spotted the great sky above the church opposite.  The picture doesn't quite get the brightness of the glow of the sun or the rays shining through.  Somehow it cheered up the dismal day.  Naturally it is raining for 24 hours now!


The Gas people asked for a meter reading the other day and the bill showed I had been using too much, in summertime!?  One Electricity company has increased their charges by 8% and others will follow suit soon.  Yet today we privatised Royal Mail (is it still Royal?) while previous privatised utilities charge reckless amounts and hoard the profits in the directors pockets.  How stupid can government be?  The only privatised railway that makes money is trhe East Coast line, and that is because the company running it failed, dumped it back o the nation and now it has made £281 million profit.  I think there is a lesson here!


.

8 comments:

alan1704 said...

I rained here, and it is still raining. Got wet in the queue at the school disco, surprised they let me in :)

Lee said...

I wish we'd get rain here...24 hours of it would be a godsend. We need rain badly.

And we need lower power bills, too! The cost of power is going through the roof, when what we need is rain pounding on the roof!

How come "lower" and "power" don't sound the same...all that is different is one letter? Just a thought.

Adullamite said...

Alan, The rain falls on the righteous!

Lee, You need rain, take ours.

Lee said...

Thank you in advance, Adullamite...it's not arrived as yet.

It's a worrying time in so many areas with the bush fires raging; and the wind is aiding and abetting displaying absolutely no guilt.

Kay G. said...

That's a great photo.
Nothing like a ray of sunshine on a rainy day.

Adullamite said...

Lee, It's arrived all right, it's here!

Kay, Thanks, Is Richard jealous?

Mo said...

The weather people are saying it is going to get warmer this week. Not that they can be trusted to get it right.
I could rant more than you about the electricity people, I want to know how come my bill goes up every month even when I'm not here and they have not read my meter in a year! I'm changing to another company but not sure they will really be any better once I've signed the dotted line.

Adullamite said...

Mo, they are all crooks!