Friday 16 December 2011

Dreich!



Snow, sleet and ice cold air greeted us this morning.  I longed to remain in my pit but headed instead for the museum where I had been enrolled for a clear up operation.  My associate and I successfully completed the tasks assigned us, once he had worked out what they were, and must say I enjoyed my mornings work. It did mean several trips out into the day but it also allowed me time with a humour filled, cheery knowledgeable bunch, mostly women, who do a grand job there.  It was nice to do something useful and energetic for a change.  I will feel it in the morning I suspect!  


But it was actual snow falling today!  Cold north western air bringing sleety snow all morning.  Yet when I looked at the webcam for both Edinburgh and Aberdeen I noticed while Edinburgh was merely wet, Aberdeen had light clouds with sunshine in the distance!  How come? This is not natural.  


'Dreich' 
.

4 comments:

A. @ A Changing Life said...

Real actual snow is an awful lot prettier than real actual rain.

Adullamite said...

A, That is true, unless it is in your face of course.

Mike Smith said...

The sun seldom shines in Aberdeen...

Adullamite said...

Mike, That is true