Thursday 3 November 2011



The third price rise of Autumn has come home today.  After the water company deciding I drink too much (I certainly don't bath to much as my landlords secretary pointed out today, and I was so nice to her too), and the Gas company watching winter approach and knowing that I have gas central heating raising their price, today the direct debit for electric rose from £25 a month to £41.  A short, and pointless, discussion with one of their reps got me nowhere.  Now clever people switch companies, as our PM told us to, but some of us are on annual contracts that may cost money to leave, thus losing any benefit moving may give.  Tomorrow I will read up on this but if I am suffering like this how are others surviving?  I need that simple, non physical, light, non intellectual, and well paid work yesterday!  Maybe I ought to start up a utility of some sort?


Talking of a waste of money.....
The skatepark opposite is being refurbished once again. The locals did not want this, the kids all come from far away, and the brats leave the place filthy, in spite of ten new bins being erected, and now it is costing thousands to renovate. The idea of the skatepark is good, the placing of it terrible.  The kids today for the most part behave, although a group of undesirable older chaps have appeared recently.  However there is an element of running after the kids rather than demanding more responsibility for them.  There is no comparison to when I was a lad, we just played football five nights a week for the most part, and that near our own door. Rarely did we have situations that can be compared to this, and human nature does not change.  


Ah, women doing what they do best - housework!
I've got some ironing if any of you girls wish to practice....?




.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is such a thing as permanent press fabric. Try some.

Anonymous said...

You have me curious, Guv. What's your idea of a fun date?

Mike Smith said...

Lights blue touch paper and stands well back. Quite appropriate for this weekend.

Adullamite said...

Leaz, Never heard of it.

Leaz, She pays....

Mike, have you shown this to the wife....?

red dirt girl said...

Haaaaaaa! Great photo. The first thing my ex ever bought for me as a gift was an iron and an ironing board....! And now, of course, he's an EX!

xxx