Thursday 29 September 2011

How to be an Idiot No. 86.

.

The day was destined to be bad.  I woke sluggishly to the gentle sound of Gregorian chant, chased those monks away from my window, and headed of into a day of woe.  I felt a bit hebetudinous and went around making a mess of things. Failing to type correctly, putting the tea bag in the cup, then doing it again, and wondering why the world appeared a bit 'off,'  I then put my glasses on and the world returned to some sort of normality. Having to sign for my scrounging layabouts allowance today I had to ensure the paperwork was up to date, it was, somewhat.  I then sauntered around to the dole, wearing my jacket, and found my penthouse condominium fails once again to inform me of the weather outside. Inside it was chilly, outside it was very warm indeed.  Sweltering I scribbled something that once was my name and in the following short conversation I said things I regretted afterwards.  "What an idiot," I thought!  My big mouth!  I then went home, sweltering, hitting myself as I went.


This afternoon I went into the town again, see above 'Jumbo' the old water tower, now I believe converted into living quarters.  Naturally I was out the door into a higher temperature again wearing the jacket as I had forgotten the warmth.  I did notice one side effect was the lassies insistence on making the most of the years last few hot days by stripping off as much as possible.  If only I had taken one of those famous blue tablets the spam merchants are always offering!  The meeting, with yet another man who suggested what has already been attempted, went as well as could be expected. I made my way back to the station happy I had not made any more stupid remarks or done any foolish things.  The train journey was short and sweet and I happily changed for my connection.  A train stood on the platform and I glanced at the monitor informing me of the 'Liverpool St' Destination.  I did not however notice the time!  I sauntered past the waiting train and stood idly gazing down the track at the distant signals and fast disappearing train I had just left.  I mused on the Kestral high above circling around and around, scaring even the crows who rose to greet him.  I watched an attractive dark haired lass give me the "drop dead creep" look, I noticed a station operative (we used to call them porters) enter a locked room with a teenage lad and a police officer (he unlocked the room before entering before you ask).  The 'Beep Beep' sound came from the train.  The doors closed and I watched as it began the journey to London.  "Hello I thought, why is he reversing?" He was not reversing, he was my train and I had misread the times on the monitor!  I waited a full hour, in the heat, until the next train (full of London commuters) arrived.  


It's all becoming a bit of a circus actually


I am off to the 'Deed Poll Office' tomorrow to change my name to 'Dostoevsky Idiot,' as this seems to me to be more appropriate.  




There is a train down there somewhere with a few very irritated passengers.  I suspect the driver may well be a relative....


.

8 comments:

Mike Smith said...

As the saying goes, auld age disnae come itsel...

Jenny Woolf said...

Well, tomorrow will be better, won't it? Go on, agree with me! :)

Relax Max said...

You live such an eventful life. You have so many adventures without even trying. How I envy you. (this last was an attempt to barge in ahead of FishHawk when lottery divvy time arrives.)

I thoroughly enjoyed this post. I am glad I came here today., Thank you.

And as Mr. Smith just said about the auld, ditto. Nae.

A. said...

Hebetudinous. I like it. A useful word if ever I saw one, and it rolls off the tongue nicely.

red dirt girl said...

Oh Adullamite, even on your off days you make me laugh ... how WAS that wait at the train station ???

xxx

Unknown said...

Ah, and it comes so naturally for you. (Sucking up really sucks.)

Adullamite said...

Mike, Speak up I canny hear right.

Jenny, No. It has been a disaster already!

Max, laugh as I fall flat on my face eh?

A, much better than 'dullness.'

RDG, Another who laffs at my failings...

Adullamite said...

Fish, I have scored your name of the list!