Sunday 6 February 2011

TV Football

.

After watching those parts of 'Match of the Day' that I did not miss by lying in my kip, I later spent much of the day watching football. At one of the clock we suffered the dreary Swansea versus Cardiff City derby that was supposed to be a humdinger of a game. It was rotten! Typical English (and Wales is merely a county of England isn't it?) football, over rated and dreary. A damp squib. Before it finished I logged in to the BBC online to watch proper football, the Scottish Cup tie between lowly Aberdeen and even lower Dunfermline. It was rotten also! This game was dreary and made worse by the Dons gaining a 'jammy' goal in the very last minute. Sickener! The TV coverage from Aberdeen was much better than that from Swansea mind. Down south it appears that constantly showing close up's of every player became a real drag. There was far too little of the game and far too much backs of players heads for my liking. I loudly informed the director of his mistake but he appeared not to listen. At least the BBC in Scotland watched the game and not the 'celebrities' involved. (I use the word 'celebrities' wit a large pinch of salt in Aberdeen!). Still it could be worse, I could have been there and paid money! Even worse it could have been what some call a 'Super Bowl!' No thanks to that!


.


1 comment:

Mike Smith said...

I suspect you have a large Welsh following? Or rather, you did...