Thursday 2 July 2009

Exercise



So this morning I got my bulk onto the bike and toddled around for a short while. I sauntered along the old railway enjoying the noise of the birds and the warmth of the sun. And warm sun at eight in the morning is an unusual occurrence around here. The line was littered with an assortment of bird life pecking at the pathway. Just what they were after I could not see but, invisible to the human eye, something was down there that attracted all the birds, Thrushes, Pigeons, and Dunnocks, etc. They all treated me with contempt, some loudly informing me where to go. I find a strange enjoyment while making my way along here. I tend to think it is all those years in London, the window of my slum faced east and while the view was tolerable the sun disappeared round the corner after midday! Now I cannot get enough of the daylight, the trees, birds and countryside that is around here, however boring that may be.

Party will not spend their way out of recession, but they will ensure more for their friends! I worry not however, as I ought to be faithful to the God who never leaves us. Maybe I should start this now? When I returned, weary and worn, I discovered my weight had gone down to just above When I weighed myself, to a strange creaking sound, I discovered the soup and bread I had been stuffing myself with, as part of a calorie controlled diet, has increased my bulk to fifteen and a half stone! It was supposed to go the other way. I may have to use smaller lentils I think. So later in the day I walked to the edge of town to Tesco's big shop there and was diddled by the fat chav bitch on the counter. Fifty pence she nicked. I will check on her later. Promenading along I indulged in another bout of guilt at those who still had to force themselves into work each day. By telling myself I have already encountered some forty years of such work made me feel better, but not for long! However the recession may well continue for some time, and under the next government, which will be Tory, the unemployed will have more stress put on them and less help. Their numbers will also increase, possibly more than doubling as the Conservativefifteen stone. This says much for the heat out there!

Aching knees did not stop me going out in the afternoon once again. The strength given by Lentil soup (without bread) enabled me to walk in the other direction. This route takes me through the delightful small industrial estate where I wondered if work may be available. As five members of one company were sitting in the sun at the back door, at the busiest time of the day, I reckoned they do not need my help. I came back through the railway but this time the walk was spoiled by all the mums gathering to fetch the brats from the school along there. Apart from the noise, loud chatter, laughing, screaming, and the kids are as bad, all these young mums walk too fast for me and I canny keep up! Anyway I am now just above fifteen stone, have red patches all over, and my knees feel as if they will fall apart soon. Health appears to be round the corner! What a way to spend a birthday. Mind you that reminded me of how lovely the family is. I am glad they are my family!

4 comments:

Strawberry Girl said...

Happy Birthday!!

Sounds like a lovely one.

SG

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (Many ways to take that, though.)

Adullamite said...

Thank you.

Mike Smith said...

Happy birthday fella. Did you get a message from the Queen?