Tuesday 1 September 2009

Banks!



Now I am not one to complain, as you know. However, today I checked, being the first of the month, what the banking situation actually was. No point yesterday as it was a 'bank holiday.' I found myself overdrawn on my overdraft, so I went up today and dug another hole to fill this one, and placed it, neatly, into the account.

Now normally when I pay in early it shows up by mid afternoon. Today it did not do this! However two unpaid Direct Debits did! This means the grasping bank, with huge profits in spite of the catastrophic Halifax/BoS takeover, will charge me £20 and probably still not pay the standing orders, unless I ask them to and then be charged for it, even though money is now there!

I was tempted to enter the bank and discuss this with the teller, but the crowd was rather longer than my temper and just as well as they would probably not serve me with the stocking on my head. I suspect whoever has not been paid will want more also. Looks like they can sing!

However I did come across a job that would really suit me, and I was gagging for this one. trouble is it is in Bournemouth, a hundred and something miles away! It's a cruel world. Still, worse things happen at sea. Which, when you think about it, is where I am at the moment!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Just one word for them "bankers."

Anonymous said...

What colour is the stocking on your head? Which is better? Nylon, silk or some poly-whatever?

Unknown said...

Methinks that teal might be a good color for your stocking. For I don't know of any gangs who claim that color as their own, and that would make you unique--maybe even special.

Adullamite said...

Any colour would do, it's the gun that counts!!!