Sunday 13 September 2009

Sunday


This was the sky yesterday, today we have not seen it once! There has been a cloud a thousand miles long covering the land today, or at least the eastern half! How annoying is that? The sun makes the worst days appear worthwhile, and gray clouds or darkness deepens our gloom. A gloom made worse as I climbed aboard the bike this morning to discover the gear lever mechanism has bust! I think my neighbour moved it yesterday when shifting furniture, and has damaged it by mistake. Now it only works in top gear! So no cycling for me. This adds to the money I am spending just now, money I do not possess! The new monitor, the gear mechanism,. and a new cartridge for the printer are just three items added to the pile. Two birthdays that cannot be avoided arrived this week, and the credit card bill, and some folk thinks those on the dole spend all their time sitting in pubs!



However as you know I am not one to complain. I just put on my cheeriest smile and face the world with joy in my heart. Sometimes this is encouraged by circumstances outside of my ken. Today one of these moments arrived. Hibernian (Edinburgh's 'Wee Team') fans have been boasting on 'Hibs Mad' (an appropriate name) that their manager is bringing in many new players and that third place in the Scottish Premier League is theirs for the taking. (Third place ensures European competition) Today this world beating combination travelled to Hamilton Academicals to play the team bottom of the league. They lost by two goals to nil! A Hibs man at the game denounced them as 'Non-triers!' He was downhearted by their feeble performance, which included their new buy stars. Excuse me for a moment.....


Oh dear, I did enjoy that! Life feels so much better now.


4 comments:

1st Lady said...

"Excuse me a moment" and then that cat, haha, fabulous!

And dont spend all your money on this weeks birthdays, the most important one to remember is NEXT week. Mine.

Mike Smith said...

Ah but the defeat in Lanarkshire is surely but a blip on the way to world domination with a display of flair and free-flowing football...

Adullamite said...

I'm sure you will not let us forget young lady.

Hibs blips can last a long time Mike.

Sibel said...

You are so real, I love it, you make me find humor in circumstance that is depressing. thank you for the blue sky...