Thursday 7 March 2024

Books

No, like you I did not bother listening to Jeremy Hunt offering a lying budget.  They are always lies, and tomorrow the clever people will have torn them apart as always and then we will know how little we have gained.  And how much Tory donors have gained.   So here is a photo of a Seagull learning how to live on a pension.


This is so true!
The world is full of people who take good books and turn back the corner of the page!  
Now this is fine if it is just some run-of-the mill detective story, or some girlie slop, but not if it is a book worth something, like say, one of mine! 
I have seen people reading good books and turning down the corner as if this was normal.  I see them folding the book like it was a magazine, or leaving it open face down ON THE FLOOR!
What is it with these people?
Have they no mothers?
Apparently today is one of these 'World Book Day' that you have never heard of before.  There appears to be such an event daily these days, almost anything can have an 'International or World Day' if you put it up on Twitter.  
Excuse me, I am off to write another one.  
No, I have not actually written a book, but I have several that are at least a page and a half long failing to come to fruition.  I may as well begin another...


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

For some reason you have to dress up for the day. Why, for goodness' sake?

Adullamite said...

Fly, Middle class parents anxieties I suspect. Most dress up without reference to book characters.