Wednesday 27 September 2023

Chilli Day


It takes a lot of thought, a lot of searching around, and a lot of dumping in any old item that is standing around to produce a Chilli as bad as this one.  I think it will be referred to as the 'Cardboard Chilli,' as that sums up the taste I have manufactured.  I find cooking is always a surprise, at least the flavour, if that is a word to use here, always surprises me!
There was a recipe, but not the ingredients, there was an excess of water, but not those little sauce capsules, and there is a lot of chilli in there, I can vouch for that!  Flavour, taste, and sustenance, we can do without.
A cheese sandwich will do for that tomorrow...


I saw this picture and was reminded of how we all wore these constantly in days of your.  Through the 60s and 70s these were our constant feet!  I bought a pair a while back, and use them occasionally, but in the past we never took them off, it was the 'in style' fashion of the day.  Simon & Garfunkel's album, 'Bridge over Troubled Water,' featured them wearing these boots and jeans, like we all did then.  How wonderful to find them copying us!  'Levi's' costing around £3:50-£4 a go, and these boots were the thing.  The local 'Levi Outlet,' had a 'Special Offer' on 'Two pairs of Levi's for £90.'  That was the offer!  
Imagine what the price of other 'Levi's' could be?  I did not buy. 

Bay Evening Jeremy Mann

6 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Just don't play 'Ring of Fire'in the near future.
Crumbs, yes, everyone wore those boots - in town, at any rate.....

Kay G. said...

Would you like my chili recipe? My English mother in law liked my chili and asked for the recipe. She would make it for just herself and my father in law and then, freeze the other half of it. We serve it over rice because my hubby must eat gluten free so that's how my in laws did it. Say the word and you too can have Kay's Chili recipe! It's easy by the way!

Adullamite said...

Fly, Ring of fire....indeed.

Kay,, I have recipes thanks, it's the cook I need!

Jenny Woolf said...

I was trying to imagine the taste of your chilli to the point where I half saw the boots a little further down and thought you might be comparing the taste of it to the boots. Or possibly that the boots had been part of the recipe. That's a nice picture at the bottom of the post. And taking a closer look at the Eric Ravilious I realised he has captured the atmosphere perfectly of that kind of place on that kind of a morning.

Kay G. said...

Just pretend you are a good cook and follow a recipe exactly. That works for me, I am the worst cook you will ever know. I mean it. My sweet husband won't say something is bad, he will just say, "Perhaps we just shouldn't have this again".😊

Adullamite said...

Jenny, I may turn to cooking boots next time, it may be more nourishing! Ravilous did capture atmosphere here.

Kay, I never follow recipes exactly, I just chuck things in!