Friday 9 October 2020

8. The Sumerians - Fall of the First Cities

 
 
This is the video I talked about yesterday.  I forgot to link to it as I was rushing to get ready for the football!  Be warned, it is very long and needs to be taken in half hour sections.  Well worth it mind.  The computerised graphics are helpful, the photos good, and the History quite good also.  As always there is room for debate but watch it anyway.  It appears to be some sort of Podcast to which he has added pictures.  Enjoy two hours worth!
 
 

7 comments:

the fly in the web said...

Thanks for the link...I will take a look at it on Saturday when things are more peaceful.

Adullamite said...

Fly, Worth a look just for the pictures.

the fly in the web said...

I am sure....I remember how excited we were as kids and will banish people sheep and dogs to watch it in peace...though that might be over a few days!

Dave said...

Thanks for this I enjoyed it. I remember covering Mesopotamia in history at school.

Adullamite said...

Dave, Glad you liked it.

the fly in the web said...

Thanks so much for the link...not finished it yet, but will continue.

Adullamite said...

Fly,, It does take a while!