Sunday 29 September 2019

Grouchy Sunday


With darkening skies in the evening and leaves turning rustic and beginning to fall from the branches it is clear the shops are now preparing for Christmas!  This morning I rose just before 9 on the clock, tired out by late night football and family history, and watched the rain clean the streets but not my windows which require cleaning much more.  Autumnal weather, the leftovers of another US hurricane, sweeps over the land drenching some parts and pleasing only gardeners and farmers.  Those who have to walk or cycle in this are less pleased, I remained indoors.  There is no choice but to watch football on TV, I am unsure if I can cope...


Not so much hot air this weekend.  Boris does claim still that he is 'a model of restraint,' and he even kind of apologised for being misunderstood regarding his 'humbug' comment.  He clearly dies not wish to encourage violence yet Brexiteer Brendan O'Neil claims there will be 'Yellow Jacket' type violence if we do not.  He is not the only one to push that line this week, clearly on Dominic's orders.
An MP might be killed by a right wing nutjob, another may have similar trapping her staff in their office, and still others are daily threatened by the 'Blackshirts' but our PM is being a 'model of restraint.'  I missed the Andrew Marr show this morning, I usually do and I am quite glad, but Boris appeared on there and I am told he was not once asked a piercing question!  The BBC is completely under the control of No 10.

3 comments:

the fly in the web said...

That's a lovely photograph.
Purely personally I feel the world would be a better place if someone were to lock Jess Philips in her office and throw away the key. Always grandstanding...but worse, speaking as she imagines working class Brummagens would speak - not the accent, but the delivery and vocabulary. The height of condescenion.
Violence in the streets? I doubt it...people too busy watching football...

Dave said...

You Grouchy???...........I don't believe it. Boris as a model of restraint, who for I wonder, pupils in Eton who aspire to his heights?

Adullamite said...

Fly, I agree re Jess.

Dave, Eton pupils may do an exam on him.