Saturday 10 August 2019

Leisure Hours...


In between the return of the bug which leaves me lying on the floor wishing I was dead I have moments of action.  The word 'action' may be a bit strong here.  However this week I took it upon myself to finish the Spring cleaning I started about two or three years ago.  This meant examining the wooden sash window frames, which appear original, and that means 1812, to clean them and ensure the window opens properly.  In the end it was easier to make use of Matt white emulsion and just wash them down and paint them.  Old small windows with lots of squarish small panes mean lots of awkward wooden bits to paint while at awkward angles!  The front one is now done, notice I am ignoring the demand to add gloss paint on top, and not only the small kitchen window also but the entire kitchenette walls I finished this morning.
I now ache all over!
Being to sedentary means such an effort, once quite easy, although it is years since I painted the windows last, now it means aches everywhere and a desire to sit and read books.  However I am glad I have got that far, the bedroom window, and indeed the walls require doing nest!  Just wait until I start moving everything...actually we will just do the window for now.  The wall can wait...


2 comments:

the fly in the web said...

A pity you mentioned window frames...that led me to look at those here and have a mild fit. Paint on the shopping list for Monday and a lot of cleaning in the meantime. Who owuld have thought that butterflies had such dirty feet...
And a reminder to The Men that I had wanted gloss paint, not emulsion....

Dave said...

Decorating is such a faff with all the stages that it involves, but nice when its done.