Friday 20 January 2012

Friday Filler




Not sure if I ever posted this one.  I took it in the early 80's during the summertime, (I think it was Saturday the 15th that year) and my mate pointed out the man and his pillow.  Some folks will make use of anything when they require rest! "Put a head on my beer mate," fits well here.  



I have however sorted the adverts problem on Chrome.  I am using Adblock and I suspended the 'Easy List' and the Google ads returned.  I suspect I will also now have a billion other ads until I reinstate it while fuming!  Black & White whisky?  Whoever sees that these days?  We only see the whisky that sells in supermarkets and their choice is the blends that sell, nothing else matters!


This was to be the car that I was going to drive down Route 66 for my next trip. Sadly someone has just purchased it, and so I am off to pump up the tyres on my bike instead.


.

3 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

I puzzled over that first picture for ages. What man? What pillow?

Then I had a brainwave and clicked on the photo. It came up in a separate window - ALL of it. Including the man with his head on the beer can. Brilliant picture!! but it doesn't show on stupid old Internet Explorer and my crappy old steam computer.

It might look okay on another browser.

red dirt girl said...

Boy, after reading the debate over at Clarity 2010, I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to post an advert featuring Blackie and Whitey ...!

A shame about the sports car, Adullamite. I was all prepared to toss my luggage in the boot and hop in with you for the ride. Somehow I feel my luggage would be too much for your bike ... and then adding me to it as well !!!

xxx

Adullamite said...

Jenny, Always enlarge the pic, they look better that way.

RDG, I could get you on my bike.