Saturday 23 May 2009

Fragrance


I was surprised by the warmth of the sun early on this morning, and as I crossed the park to look for beer cans left after the neds evening capers, I was also surprised by the fragrance emanating from this flower bush. I am not sure if this is some sort of rose as flower names beyond tulip and daffodil escape me. However the fragrance was very strong and really made the morning even more enjoyable. There can be little more enjoyable than an early morning with the birds singing, the sun shining and flowers giving of such a pleasing aroma. The day was indeed warm, even hot! Now that is the first time this year that this can be said. However there is a bank holiday on Monday so already there has been a warning of rain! Typical! However today folk made the most of it and I suspect they will do so tomorrow also.

There are good things and bad in such weather conditions. The idea of walking around unencumbered by heavy anti-rain gear, the freedom from ice cold temperatures, and the sight of lassies wearing as little as possible. This however has two side effects. One reminds some of their age as the mothers of said lassies are younger than my nieces! The other is the unfortunate sight of fat women! I cannot get over the number of fat women in this country! Not only are there too many they dress inappropriately. Now some women have a stout build, others remain fat after having children, but surely these girls are fat because of slobbishness? There can be no reason but laziness for such sights. I know how hard it is to, lose weight, and the only effective method is eating smaller, better and exercise like it or not, so I cannot see anything other than the 'couch potato syndrome' at work. The thing is that these are women! I expect women to have some respect for themselves, they spend much of their time doing just that, so why do these girls wind up like Billy Bunters sister? One reason it seems to me is the chav influence. So many appear to be of the 'lower orders' it seems. But why should this make them slobs? It is more expensive to eat badly in my view than to eat better! I should know, and yet those lassies on low incomes appear to me to be the worst. It's all very sad, both for the lassies, their health and their families, and for those of us who have to look at them!

4 comments:

carles Comella said...

Super blog.

Mike Smith said...

Heard in a Dalkeith chip shop:

"Eh, two fish suppers, a haggis supper, a king rib, a cheeseburger and a single sausage, please. Oh! And a bottle o' diet Coke..."

Unknown said...

Haven't you already endured enough less than flattering feedback without inviting more with this post? You used to block a lot of point-blank shots with your head--didn't you? On the other hand, I fully agree with your observations.

Strawberry Girl said...

Snicker, and this post started out so nicely. ;p

Then it turned into musing over the state of the fatties out there. Actually I was thinking bout' this as I walked home from my mom's today. Cept' I am too nice to say stuff like this. (I am a self regulator, don't like to get too heavy) :D